Monday, November 9, 2009

on track=new challenges

So we had the 2nd night of practice and i was only to attend for an hour before heading home. It was a long day since I worked from 9-5, went to a NCDG Board meeting immediately after work until about about 7:30. The rushed home, changed, spent a few minutes with Mini-me, ate some delicious baked cheese sandwiches, then off to practice only a few minutes late!

We did some basic skills tonight like crossovers around a cone, t-stops and turn stops. The crossovers were hard to do in a circle actually and I wished we could have done them on the track. The turn stops are a challenge as I have trouble turning not to mention that I am a big pussy when it comes to doing it since I have a fear of falling on my tail bone. But I definitely need to get over that and just do it.

I want to go skate on Thursday and work on turn stops and some agility basics. Le sigh. I also got my orthotics and want to put those inserts into my boots and see if that helps my cramping.

Our old coach showed up tonight after a lot of smack talk and just being a general asshole last season. He's really condescending and acts like you're beneath all acknowledgement if he doesn't like you. Guess how I know that? Hmmmmm...he acts the same way with Rob too. As if we are somehow below his notice or aren't worth the respect. All I have to say to that he can kiss my rock hard Fugitives...There is a reason why you weren't kept around jerk face and there is a reason why you aren't welcomed back this season either.

On a positive note, I drank 40 ounces of water today!! And ate both breakfast AND lunch. Woo hoo!

No comments: