Sunday, November 15, 2009

oh hai!!

long weekend of derby as I sat on my couch and watch the Declaration of Derby. Congrats Oly for winning Nationals. Please come to Lincoln and train my ass into a skater that is 1/4 as good as the worst skater on your league. I would still be kick ass. Like for real yo.

Went to practice tonight (oh and I went last Monday too but only for an hour since Rob had to work), One of our refs who is really experienced at skating loosened my trucks on my goodness!!! It was like heaven! I first started skating with my orthotics in but had to take them out almost immediately since my entire right leg began to hurt. But the loosening of the trucks made a difference. Because of this pain, I missed the catch the pack drill it hurt so bad to skate. I'm hoping that this easy fix will cure my problem of foot and ankle cramping. le sigh.....my feet aren't sore tonight so yay!

Another night of practice tomorrow and it will be a short one again since Rob has to work. Have I ever mentioned that late practices cause me to lose sleep? Last week after that Monday practice, I had trouble sleeping, then started to feel sick. I ended up staying home from work on Wednesday and Thursday since I felt yucky. Now I gave that same yuckiness to Rob although I think he is starting to feel better.

So, I decided that I really have to start pushing myself a lot harder. I almost wish that there was someone who would really ride me to do better. But only a little; not push me until I get all irritated. When we get home I sometimes complain about various ailments and Rob gets irritated with me. That's why I need a derby wife who will push me to do better. Any takers?

No comments: