Thursday, January 6, 2011

What up homie? Happy 2011!

It's been a long time since I've rapped at 'cha hasn't it?I hope everything has been swell with you and yours. Well. Except for that asshole cat.

Anyway, one of my "goals" for this year is to blog more. Now, if you are being a bit of a jerk, this is where you are say "well shit. Considering you only posted like, twice in 2010, that shouldn't be too hard." to which I say "true."

So, here I am. I used to post lots of witty and funny shit of things that would happen to me. Of course, that was back in the single, I'm a bit of a lush/slut days. But, alas, now things run towards roller derby, work and a decided lack of confidence in my skating ability or, as some will say, more roller derby. Anyway, I will to add some fin and witty things that happen to me that do not involve making out with boys in bars.

Until then. please enjoy this little survey I have prepared for you. A meme if you will on my 2010. I'm off to San Diego in the morning for some librarian work things. I'll be back before you know it. It will be like I was never really here at all.


1. What did you do in 2010 that you'd never done before?
Travel by train. That trip from New York to Vermont was something I would do again. I prefer it to flying actually.

2. Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I make some goals that I try to keep going all year. I have some holdovers and a few revised ones this year.

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Nope! No babies here!

4. Did anyone close to you die?
Nope! We had a few deaths in the family but no one I was particularly close too.

5. What countries did you visit?
does ass backwards Arizona count?

6. What would you like to have in 2011 that you lacked in 2010?

More self-confidence and maybe some more balls out bravery. I self-doubt in my personal life and that bums me out. 

7. What date from 2010 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?

August 1. I got home from Vermont and had to make some decisions that I still think about.

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?




Getting my book out and planning a successful regional tournament. These were not done by myself but they were great accomplishments. 

9. What was your biggest failure?


Giving up and not sticking things through. Insert no self-confidence and doubt here. 

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?

I had that concussion in February from falling on the ice but I think that's it.

11. What was the best thing you bought?

My party dress and petticoats. I wish this could read " my very own house"


12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
My friends. For sticking with me.

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
Shit, I don't even want to talk about it.

14. Where did most of your money go?


Debt.  See goal #1.

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
My month on the East Coast. First Princeton, then NYC and DC and Vermont.

16. What song will always remind you of 2010?
Waka Waka. The spanish version. I first heard this song and in NYC and it makes me happy everytime. Bulletproof was a good one too.

17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
- happier or sadder? both
- richer or poorer? about the same I think.
- thinner or fatter? about the same. Or I at least I hope.


18. What do you wish you'd done more of?


Kept in touch with friends.

19. What do you wish you'd done less of?

Put up with stupid shit.

20. How did you spend the holidays?
Home in Arizona. Hung out then drove home. Not awesome.

21. Did you fall in love in 2010?

Not really.

22. How many one-night stands?
I read many books in one night. No hookups though. Smutty books should count though.

23. What was your favorite TV program?
The First 48 when I could watch it. I love true crime stories.

24. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
No. I don't really hate. Just intensely dislike.

25. What was the best book you read?
I can't think of a particular one since I read so many. I know there was one I liked. Let me think.

26. What was your favorite film of this year?
Not a big movie watcher either. We're cheap. We just watched Slumdog and it was good.

27. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2010?
Lazy. Like this survey.

28 Whom did you miss?
A couple of people; or rather those I lost touch with.

29. Who was the best new person you met?
Is it bad I can't think of anyone?

30. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2010.
Sometimes things don't go the way you expect. And what you think you want and what you get and/or have, may not what you thought you wanted. Making decisions is hard and you may not always know if you made the right ones (or the wrong) until later, until then, make the best of what you have.

No comments: